Localize your business, optimize Google Plus Pages, Foursquare and Banjo apps, set up your local business presence to attract your local social audience.
If your business is local as it should be, then this post is for your eyes.
Google Plus Business Pages and Google Places
Probably you already have a Google Local Page and probably you still don’t know that you can merge your Google Plus Business Page with your existing Google Local Page. Do it and improve your social presence through the Big G platform. As soon as you’ll merge the two pages (at the moment just the category “Local Business or Place” have this chance), you’ll notice a better rate of visits to your website in relationship with the actions realized by the users in Google Places (Google Maps).
The same simple law, try to engage your social audience: comment their posts, share their content, do “+1” on their thoughts.
Foursquare has over 30 million users. Its strength comes from its users, recommending and sharing their opinions, views and thoughts throug this social media and on different social media sites. Remember that the great part of the shares are realized through mobile devices, so never share many lines of text (conciseness is a winning weapon). Here are the steps to follow to build your business presence, to localize your business:
– Create your branded page on Foursquare (also download the app Foursquare for Business) – https://foursquare.com/create_page
– Start posting coupons, specials and promotions to have appeal on your audience through your Foursquare dashboard. Remember that your posts should be no longer than 160 characters.
– Share photos and news to make know your customers you are there, next to them in any moment they need you.
– Answer to any comment or any check-in you receive also through the different social networks your users are enjoying. Try to make feel each of your potential customers as unique and important (whenever a customer share something in Foursquare he/she can also share this on Facebook and Twitter!).
– Remember that the Foursquare audience is localized, use this info to appeal your customers to visit you physically.
Banjo is an emerging social app for iPhone and Android that lets you view people’s social network profiles based on their location. It’s a perfect way to engage your local audience. Banjo covers these social networks: Facebook, Twiter, Foursquare and Instagram. Try to use it.
It’s very interesting the alert function that alert you as soon as one of your contacts is near to you. If your business is local and you want to localize your business, this app is a must for you.
Other local business sites
There are many other sites you can use to create incoming links and build your local presence (localize your business).
Among them and depending on the kind of business you have and where it is, I would suggest:
- Yahoo! Local Listings
- City Search
- Merchant Circle
- Insider Pages
- Dealer Rater
- Judy’s Book
- Trip Advisor
- Urban Spoon
- Demand Force
- Yellow bot
- City Voter
- Super Pages
- Menu Pages
- Lila Guide
- Bidding for Travel
Are you planning a trael to Italy ? Take your iPad or your Android device with you and do a Foursquare check-in wherever you’ll stay. I would suggest:
2nd in the middle of Italy the Cinque Terre (Liguria). Stay at the Monterosso Hotel, Hotel Marina 5 Terre.
3rd in the middle of Italy the Gonfalone 6, a wonderful bed and breakfast in the heart of Rome.
So .. happy business and happy travels.